Tuesday 29 October 2013

Elliott's Epic Blog Headers


Like the Tibetan monks I am on a constant mission to better myself. while Monks shave their heads and sing Kung-Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas I choose to better myself with Tight Ass Blog Banners (and singing Kung-Fu Fighting.) As I've spent far too many hours making these things I've put up this post to chronicle the journey of that little bit at the top of the screen, from the shittest hype to the hypest shit.

The Original Gangsta - The first blog banner featured a boring name panel and low resolution photos cropped from our first group pic. Also subliminal spiral design. Nostalgic.

The Hat Trick - The photos got progressively weirder over the holidays and after deleting the crocodile we now have hats as well. Merry Christmas, yo.



The Dark Blog Rises -  Unfortunately I have now accidentally embedded the hats into the actual picture so no chance of getting rid of them for a while.

 The Gritty Reboot with some sweet effects captured as stills from Action Essentials 2.
The smoke assets and new name text came out great because of the way semi-transparent stuff can be edited in paint.net.
The Muzzle Flash - My first forray into prop making all for the sake of that one sweet shotgun picture. nice.
I've stuck in a muzzle flash and the title is screened on top of the gun to pull everything together.

The Frosted Flakes With the first day of filming comes the chance to eat Frosties in the name of cinema, we took the chance.

The Hype - Although it's a shame to see the amazing shotgun go, it's worth it to put the new photo center stage. I put out some new minimal titles and with some fancy rotoscoping gave the whole thing a 3D effect by putting some of the smoke and titles slightly behind the main pic AND I could finally get rid of the stupid hats.

Elliott Ridley

3 comments:

  1. not sure there is any point to this post Elliot, although it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the point is not the point. it's about sending a message

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love my blog banners. too dang much

    ReplyDelete